Setting Up Outlook Express
Once you have set up an email address (or addresses) in My Account, you can use Microsoft Outlook Express to check and manage your email. Be sure you have setup an email address before completing these steps.
- Basic Settings
- Advanced Settings
1. Open Outlook Express
2. Go to Tools > Accounts
3. Click Add > Mail
4. The Outlook Express Wizard will open. Enter your name in the Display name field. Click "Next."
5. Enter your Clearwire email address. Click "Next."
6. Enter your Incoming and Outgoing mail servers. Click "Next."
7. Enter your account name and password. The account name is your full Clearwire email address. Click "Next."
8. Click "Finished."
9. Click and highlight the “mailclearwire.net” account. Click the "Properties" button.
10. Verify the Name and the E-mail address fields are correct. Click the "Servers" tab.
11, Verify the Incoming and Outgoing mail servers are correct.
- Do not check the Secure Password Authentication box. If you do, the email will not work.
- Do check the My Outgoing server requires authentication box
Click the "Advanced" tab. Verify the inbound and outbound ports are 25 and 110. Click "Apply." Click "OK."
Use these settings if you are using a company other than Clearwire for email but need to use Clearwire for outgoing SMTP mail.
1. Open Outlook Express.
2. Go to Tools> Accounts.
3. Select the email account that needs outbound mail. Click "Properties."
4. Click the "Servers" tab. Change the outgoing mail to match your Clearwire account.
5. Click "Settings."
6. Select "Log on using." Enter your Clearwire email account and password, and click "OK."
7. Click "Apply." Click "OK."
8. Click "Close."
High Tech Center can provide local and remote tech support for all your computer and networking needs. Call toll free 877-480-6117 or navigate to